The Guyana Gold and Diamond Miners Association [GGDMA] will be holding a general membership meeting on Wednesday November 14, 2018 at 16:00 hours [4 pm] at the Association’s Headquarters 29 North Road, Bourda, Georgetown.
- Meeting Called to Order
- Brief Report by Administrative Manager [Mr. Avalon Jagnandan].
- Guest Speakers – Mr. Sherwood Lowe and Mr. William Woolford – mining policy team, commissioned by the Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR), has been invited by the Association to discuss with Miners the Draft Mining Policy Document.
- Benefits of Miners being tax compliant – Miners Investment Agreements.
– Reduced duty on Fue
– Reduced duty on vehicles, equipment and spares.
- Filling of a vacant seat on the GGDMA Management Committee [2018-2019].
- GGDMA Annual Dinner and Dance – December 19, 2018.
- Launching of the GGDMA Website
- Floor open to Membership – other issues and concerns Members may have.
– Mining best practices [Sluice Box]
Members are requested to make a special effort to attend this meeting.
Mr. Avalon Jagnandan